These are the mountains that separate the desert from San Diego County. As we flew down I-8 we could see the wall separating Mexico and the United States. If you've ever driven down I-8, you know there are numerous border patrol checkpoints.
This is a picture as we approached the water along the coast. As the sun sets we get a crazy marine layer that stays until the morning sun burns it off.
No more than 24 hours after getting home from Yuma, I was on a plane back east for a truly special event. My best friend, Blake, was getting married. I was so happy it worked out for me to be able to come. Its hard to get away, especially to have to travel so far, and I really have to pick and choose what I can go to. This was something I was glad I didn't have to miss. 
All of the bridesmaids wore black. It was beautiful. It also happens to be that nearly every bridesmaid was a collegiate volleyball player. I was definitely not among the tallest of the group. It was awesome to get together with the old crew. I miss these girls so much, I just felt like I've never been able to quite replace them. I got to spend my 26th birthday with these girls, and I got to see mom and dad to blow out the candles. It was a tiring, but amazing weekend.
Just a month and a half away from the big day for me and John. Mom and dad went to Annapolis this week for a taste test for the cake and the reception, as well as tour the chapel. Chapel renovations are just about complete, and I was ecstatic to hear that the food was absolutely amazing. Everything is falling into place.John gets his orders (papers that tell him where he'll be stationed over the next couple years) in the middle of April, just a month away and 2 weeks prior to the wedding. Everyone please keep us in your prayers as we anxiously await his orders to San Diego.
No comments:
Post a Comment