Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ships Sail, Dreams Fly

Another sunny, 90 degree day here on Padre Island. I put my bathing suit on to head out to the pool to study, then asked myself, why sit outside and sweat when I can sit inside and enjoy the air conditioning that, well frankly, I pay so much for. People around here are really starting to desperately pray for rain. There are a lot of farmers and it hasn't rained in a long time.

The weekend has been very relaxing. I finished up my instrument training Friday night. It was a beautiful sunset from 8,000 feet. I finally went to downtown Corpus Christi Friday night to check out the night life and there were 7 of us who made the trip up to New Braunfels on Saturday morning to eat lunch in Gruene and float the Comal River again.


I'm on to the next block of flying: learning how to get the plane down as quickly and safely as possible in an emergency. I'll be flying with a different instructor each day, but its a short week since Friday is the 4th. We'll be doing our weekly grilling on the beach this evening so I'm going to try and get some studying done now for my flight in the morning.

Just checked out Kim and Dan's blog. My little nephew Caedmon is getting cuter each day!

No comments: