Wednesday, June 25, 2008

R.I.P. Mr. Giraffe

Just got home from a mandatory dinner downtown, suit and tie type of thing, and about to start studying for two instrument flights in the morning. After spending over a week in the simulator practicing, I'm happy to be back in the plane again. I got to both experience and recover from my first spin today. It wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought and I'm looking forward to doing more in addition to lots of emergency landings next week. I'll be instrument flying for the next two days and luckily finishing up just in time to enjoy my weekend.

It rained for the first time in over a month a few nights ago... at least I think it did, because the power went out during the night and the pavement was wet in the morning. Can't complain really, the daily blue skies are perfect flying weather. There's much to be thankful for, especially in light of the recent passing of Mr. Giraffe.

Most of you didn't know Mr. Giraffe, but he was Max's beloved toy and best friend; hence our surprise to find a few weeks ago that Max had bit off Mr. Giraffe's head and begun pulling out his stuffing. Their relationship obviously must have continued in a downward spiral because tonight, I got home to find a ball of fluff in Max's cage... Mr. Giraffe. At least what was left of him. We hope to find the remains by tomorrow on one of Max's "outings".

R.I.P. Mr Giraffe.

No comments: