A good weekend: no duty, beautiful weather (hasn't rained in almost a month), and a relaxing Saturday tubing the Comal River about 2 hours north in New Braunsfels. What a great time. A few of us headed up north Saturday morning, only to run into about 5 of the Instructor pilots from our squadron, tubing down the river at the exact same time as us. Floating one of the many rivers around San Antonio is a popular destination in Texas and I can definitely see why. The clear, deep, warm water of the Comal was a great time; there was natural beauty (and trees, which there are none of in South Texas) along with some man-made rapids and slides. We spent the later afternoon on the river walk in San Antonio, and came home later after dinner.
Sunday was a good day for outdoor recreation too: my roommates and I found that you can go kayaking from base for $3 an hour. The wind/currents off Corpus are pretty tough, but it was a good time.
To top it all off, I got assigned a new onwing since my last onwing has been sick now for almost 2 weeks. I finally flew yesterday. It was quite the learning experience, I have much to learn and luckily have another flight this morning. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment