Uprooting. Well, not really. Not completely. I'm probably just going to move down the street. Kristi, my roommate, is deploying this month and we gave a month notice to our landlord and I'd planned to be moving to somewhere a little cheaper. Finally, a place to myself. Turns out that isn't as easy as I thought. And moving all of my stuff all by myself? Sounds difficult. I called in a quote with a local company who said they could do it for 300-some dollars, but I'm still considering that a keg and a couple guys from work would be a bit cheaper.
So where am I moving? Good question! I have a couple more places to view this weekend and two backups within a mile of where I'm living now. I had planned on moving the last weekend of the month. Then work happened...my job, I mean. Turns out I have to go out of town for a week. We'll be doing some search and rescue exercises, something like Behind Enemy Lines... I think I even get to be the downed pilot one day. All sounds pretty cool and although inconvenient to my upcoming move/home search, its cool to get picked to go. Then I found out I have to stand duty on Halloween. Not that big of a deal to me, but I'd planned on getting settled into my new place that day.
So where does this leave me? Well, asking my landlord to camp out another two weeks. Very exciting news! I can stay until November 12th, which is a long weekend and gives me plenty of time to move. So a big stress relief, minus the fact I still gotta find somewhere to live haha. Worse comes to worse, I ask my landlord to stay. (What he wanted, but that was before he had to pay for a leasing agent because we were moving out... oopsies)
So what does everyone think? A couple of nearby options...
1. 2 bedroom condo walking distance to the famous Del Mar racetrack... Del Mar beach...local music scenes, but on my high end of price and far from work
2. 2 bedroom upstairs unit 2 blocks from the hip Encinitas beach...where I like to go anyways and walking distance to coffee shops. Pretty much ideal, but again.. a little pricey (still waiting on the word if it has a washer/dryer or not, and that's a deal breaker for me)
3. 2 bedroom condo, ocean view, not my favorite location and pricey, but a good backup
4. 2 bedroom luxury apartment in a VERY nice area...lap pool...garage I can fit the truck in...but, its an apartment and I wouldn't be able to walk or ride my bike to the beach anymore (2 1/2 miles inland)
5. 3 bedroom affordable super nice townhome right next to my church and has a 2 car garage and cute little picket fence yard. bad part is there's very little privacy from your neighbors and lots of little kids crowding the pool.
6. 2 bedroom condo in my complex. same layout, same view, a little more dated but 100 bucks cheaper a month.
7. 2 bedroom condo that is looking to sell which means I'd have to go month to month but its a good price... good location close to the highway (but a lot of road noise) and its gated... only parking is your garage which my truck doesn't fit in but great complex close to my favorite beach.
8. Lastly, I stay here if my landlord lets me and still gives me a price break that he offered. The most expensive of all the options, but I wouldn't have to move which could potentially save money and I love it here.
So what does everyone think? Goodbye ocean view, hello apartments? hello beach? Move at all? Time will tell...
No comments:
Post a Comment