Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy

Truly happy.  I realized that I was when I got home from work.  Usually my anxiety builds up through the day until I work out, but as I left work tonight at 6pm I realized I'd been at work for 10 hours and with some studying to do tonight and an early morning, there was little time (and motivation) left to work out.  That in itself is odd bc I've worked 16 hours on occasion and worked out just in time to shower for bed, but tonight I felt relieved to come home to a glass of wine and some ground beef I'd thawed (unbeknownst to myself until returning home).  A long day...but then a beautiful sunset, a letter from John in the mailbox, and a delicious glass of red wine coupled with a bowl of bowtie pasta, four cheese Ragu, fresh peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic salt... mmm a delicious meal.  Especially considering all I'd eaten in the past day was 2 sandwich halves from the commissary and a couple Slim Fasts.  It'd gotten up to 110 degrees at the airfield yesterday, and with the a/c in our building lacking, all I could think was liquid diet and ate very little.  I flew until late last night and still got up pretty early.    It was worth it, though, when my eyes watered to the point I had tears streaming down my cheeks from the fumes in the cockpit... all from 2 machine guns firing away in the back of the helicopter.  I felt like ACDC's Thunderstruck should be playing in the background.

Even still, I think it was mostly the letter from John that started my good mood.  He constantly reminds me of all the things we should be thankful for and all the exciting times we have ahead: flying multi-million dollar aircraft, building a home together, moving back East one day, and growing old and more in love.  Hmm....happy.

No comments: