I had my first flight today. It was so much fun! I went to a winging the other day and the speaker said, "to fly is heavenly, but vertical flight is divine." I now know what he meant. You know how you sit on the tarmac, waiting for your turn to take off? Well we do that, but 5 feet off the ground. I got a lot out of the flight, and didn't feel too overwhelmed or lost, he let me try hovering, taxxiing, turning in a hover. I flew sideways, backwards, over the grass, 100 feet from other helicopters. I even remembered the radio calls (most of them at least, haha). I'm enjoying these first few flights where little is expected of me, and hunker down for the difficult flights to come. I'm SO happy to be in helo land :o)
Here's some pictures via google.

Hover taxi

An old pic of the flight line
No comments:
Post a Comment