I FINALLY solo'd last Monday, March 23rd. I flew with another student who had recently solo'd, and although it was mostly uneventful, that is great news to any aviator. The solo experience was a stepping stone and I'm happy to be moving ahead in the program.
Because I still haven't bought a camera, there has been little to report on the blog. Since my solo, flying has progressed slowly, getting out as little as once or twice a week. We've recently endured some of the worst storms I've ever seen. Thursday night I woke up to loud thunder, which had become common practice; however, I was not expecting hail. It sounded like the roof was going to cave in, car alarms in the street were going off, and we lost power. I ran to the bathroom to hide, being that its the most center room in the house. My roommate, from Oregon, and used to loud rain/storms, slept as I called next door to see if anyone was awake. Lo and behold they were, and it seemed the worst of the storm was soon to pass. The rain continued well into the next day and more are expected tomorrow.
As they say, April showers bring May flowers, and I'm looking forward to planting flowers in our garden out front. With the blooming flowers comes warmer weather, and my favorite: the beach! Can't wait for a warm weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment