Everyone should be advised that I completed my first solo flight today... unfortunately, no pictures to show for it because I forgot my camera and my cell phone was under all my gear and frankly, I was too lazy to get it out. I found the picture above on google. In a few weeks there will be a ceremony where my assigned instructor pilot/onwing, whose job is to teach me enough about flying to get me to my first solo flight, cuts ties with me. The tradition is to literally cut a men's tie from around my neck, symbolizing my first solo and my right of passage to move on to the next phase of training. I'll be sure to include pictures.Flying by myself today was definitely different-- boring, at the least, but also reassuring. I did everything on my own. It was a good foundation to build on over the next few months of training. My next training block is introduction to aerobatics, where I'll also get to solo (slightly scary), followed by formation flying, navigation, night, and instrument flying.
No comments:
Post a Comment