As for the rest of flight school, it's hard to enjoy one accomplishment when you're probably already getting behind in some other area you should be studying. I just returned from an hour or so of what we like to call "EP basketball"...EPs, or Emergency Procedures, are a huge part of flight school. Anyone can learn how to fly, but can you fix the plane in the air when something goes wrong? If you don't know these steps by heart, panic will set in, and, well...let's just say the rest is history. We're taught to memorize the procedures, and then multitask, like playing basketball, while quizzing each other. It's humbling to say the least--if I can't say them to a friend, I'll never get them out to someone who's grading my every move. I think I'll spend the rest of the evening studying for my first simulator that is supposedly happening in the next day or two... can't wait for them to tell me the night before ;o) hehe.
It may be a training squadron, but its my first squadron regardless-- like my patch?
No comments:
Post a Comment