Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving...Texan Style

This year is the first Thanksgiving I have spent away from Virginia. It was a time reunion for John and I, but also a time to be introduced to my new family. I flew into Houston, a fast and easy flight, while John and his roommate, Bill, drove the 8 hours from Meridian with our new puppy, Shelby.
The three of us drove out from Houston first thing Thursday morning to meet the whole family in Columbus. About an hour west of Houston, Columbus is a quaint little town that resembles Matoaca in both size and personality. A combination of potluck and backyard picnic combined, it was a great time-- a total of 30 of us made the event. The only thing lacking was the Lazenby family...and maybe some cream cheese and peanut butter celery haha.

Can't wait to get home for Christmas.



1 comment:

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! We didn't have any celery sticks either :( Hey, what's that thing on John's face?? (hehe)