Saturday, October 17, 2009

Is it really Fall?

My favorite season of the year!! Fall...beautiful leaves...all of the autumn colors...oh how I miss it. So, for under $20, I decorated. Okay, so its no Pier 1 or NEARLY as cute at Kimmie's house. (Loved the decorations Kim!) But you have to start somewhere, so I began with just a couple of cheap ways to bring fall to our place: leaf stickers for the windows, a plastic pumpkin on the porch with a fall-themed welcome sign, and a few easy centerpieces for around the house. Nevermind the wilting plant on the front porch, that was our landlord's Chrysanthemum plant that we let die. Oops. It was so beautiful before!Here you can see the winter gloom that rolled in. Its not every day, in fact I was riding my bicycle around the neighborhood under blue skies and 75 degree weather just this morning when the fog came in from the ocean. So strange.

As far as work, things are progressing. I went from paperwork to my first 6 events in just over a week! I got in the simulator 5 or 6 times and the learning curve has been tremendous. I have a burning desire to learn everything I can about the aircraft, yet an amazing realization that it will take me months, more like years, to have the experience to understand it all. There's acronyms I don't know, systems I don't know exist, and shelves of books I haven't even considering cracking open yet. It's crawl, walk, run, and I can't wait to know it all (which I'm promised by those older and wiser that I never will). I know what you're wondering-- when will I start flying? Well, I'm training on a brand new aircraft and so things work a little bit slower. Answer: hopefully after next week. I've included a picture of two below for those of you who haven't seen the upgrade to the old Vietnam war hero, the Huey.

Rockets
Camp Pendleton-- where I work!!


For those of you interested, you can learn a lot about the aircraft at http://www.bellhelicopter.com/, even see the inside of the simulators!

Also, for those of you who frequently read the blog, please leave comments. I'd love to hear from everyone who reads the blog. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

yay for comments!! i think your decor is super.

ps-i'd love to see more updates! but i, too, know how crazy life can be, so do what you can!