Friday, October 24, 2008

One, two, three, ready...pass


After a week of counting cadence and hand signals from plane to plane with my roommate, Ashley, we are Formation Solo complete! It's hard to believe, but I am three flights away from finishing primary. I have one night navigation flight with my old onwing this weekend, and Ashley and I have two more formation flights on Monday. The squadron schedule actually says "Completer" beside our names. We are thrilled, but praying for great weather and no maintenance problems for Monday.


Its been an exciting but long week. Forms have been the most fun and rewarding experience of flight school yet. There is such a huge learning curve, and its amazing to see how much you accomplish in so few flights. Our flight on Monday will also include some aerobatics as a formation pair.

Since my last blog, I sold my Jeep to the Chief Operations officer at the aluminum plant across the bay and we got a new roommate. Marley, a 7 week old Boxer, was Ashley's birthday present from her family and a cute mess of trouble, as puppies always are. Presuming my upcoming move, I'm sad I won't get to see him grow up.





I'm getting very excited to go home for the holidays!!! Here are a few pictures of my latest adventures, to include more fishing and a motorcycle ride organized by the base.



No comments: